Agency Terms and Conditions of rental
01545 561707 -
1. Contract : All
bookings will form a contract between the Hirer and the cottage owner.
Any questions about a specific cottage regarding transfer of dates or refunds
for any reason must be directed to the owner of the cottage. As booking agents,
we will facilitate your contract with the owner of the cottage and will then
have no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the owner. Your
booking forms a contract between you and the owner when we send you the letter
of receipt for the deposit and confirmation of your booking on their behalf. We
also advise in
the letter of confirmation that you take out holiday, travel and cancellation
insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
The accommodation is let for holiday purposes within the meaning paragraph 9 of the First Schedule to the Housing Act 1988, and there is no right of occupancy beyond the stated and agreed period. All bookings are subject to final confirmation by the property owner.
We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at
any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and
2. Rental: Bookings for persons or groups under 21 years of age cannot be accepted. We do not accept bookings for hen or stag party groups
3. Bookings / Deposits / Payments : Upon receipt of your booking form by email or telephone message, a cottage can be provisionally booked. A part payment deposit is made by PayPal or card, or can be paid by cheque .Bookings are not shown online until the deposit is paid. A booking is only confirmed when a final payment has been made and accepted by the owner or the agent.
We strongly suggest that the Hirer establishes
communication with the property owner to confirm their booking as soon as they
receive the owner's contact details.
Deposits are accepted by card online via the PayPal / credit card payment system or by posted cheque by arrangement. Deposit payments are not refundable, but in most cases can be used for a future holiday (see para: 14). Balance payments are made to owners 6 weeks before the holidays or as soon as possible if a booking is made within 6 weeks of the holiday, by BACS online bank transfer or by cheque.
Foreign exchange: In the event of a booking from overseas, owners will be entitled to charge an additional 4% for the final payment to cover the banks ( or Paypal's) exchange charges.
Extra cleaning / security / breakages / deposits - some owners or agents require a refundable deposit or bond - this will be noted on the property details and is paid directly to the owner or agent with the balance of payment., and is refunded by the owner / booking agent, providing there is no extra cleaning over and above the normal cleaning normally required - see paragraph 4 below, or breakages or damage.
4. Damage / Extra cleaning: All bookings are accepted on the condition that the cottage is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as at the start of the holiday. Should you not have time to leave the cottage as you found it, there will be a minimum additional charge of £50, payable to owners or agents. It is agreed that the person who made the booking will pay for breakage and / or damage and additional cleaning if so required. All breakages should be reported to the owners and minor damage should be noted in writing to the owners at the termination of the stay. Some cottages have a refundable security deposit payable to the owners (see details for a specific cottage)
Recycling - Hirers are expected to comply with any weekly recycling/collection of
waste , info to be supplied by owners.
5. Sleeping Capacity: The maximum number of people allowed is clearly stated on the particulars and extra persons cannot be accommodated under any circumstances.
6. Availability: The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the cottage and its facilities as published on the internet will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a cottage is not available through events arising out of the control of the agents or owners, then a booking may be cancelled.
The Hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible, and the deposit will be refunded in full by West Wales Cottages. Any balance of payment paid to the owners, will be refunded by the owners with the Hirer having no further claim against the agents or the owner. West Wales Cottages will not be liable for any payments made directly to owners
7. Occupation times: Tenancies commence after 4 pm or 3 pm in winter months, (unless otherwise specified ), on the commencement date of the tenancy and terminate at 10.00 am on the leaving date. This is to ensure that the cottage can be properly prepared for the subsequent guests.
8. Access to cottage: The cottage Owner or his/her agents shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation or grounds at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy. It is sometimes necessary to carry out maintenance or gardening during a period of occupation.
9. Pets. If a dog or dogs are permitted, this will be clearly stated in the particulars for the cottage booked. Bringing a dog or dogs to a cottage that does not accept pets would constitute a breach of contract (see: paragraph 17). This also applies to any visitors to the property.
If dogs are permitted, then Hirers must bring their own dog bedding, and not allow dogs on the furniture or in the bedrooms. A dog must not be left unattended in the property under any circumstances. Dogs must be walked away from the property and must not be allowed to foul the rental property or grounds. Please check the garden/grounds before departure. Additional charges may be made for bringing a dog or dogs (see details for each property). Not all pet friendly properties will have a fully enclosed garden. Please check details with owners for each property.
Many of our properties will allow one or two
well-behaved dogs to stay, this is clearly indicated on our website. Registered
Assistance dogs will be allowed in properties where the description says that
pets are not allowed as this is a legal requirement. If you or any member of
your party has a pet allergy, we cannot guarantee that dogs, or other pets, have
not stayed in your chosen property, even if the owner does not allow pets, nor
can we accept any responsibility for any subsequent health reaction. It is your
responsibility to make specific enquiries before booking as some property owners
may take their own pets to a property.
10. Linen: If bed linen is supplied, this will be clearly stated in the particulars for the cottage booked. Duvets and pillows are provided in every cottage - If this is the case it will be stated in the individual cottage details.
11. Statutory regulations: The owners will be responsible for complying with all applicable Statutory Regulations and Discrimination Acts affecting customers, the cottage, and its equipment,
12. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside the cottage. If guests wish to smoke in the garden area, then they should not leave cigarette litter on the premises. Smoking in a cottage constitutes a breach of contract (see: paragraph 17).
13. Special Needs: If the Hirer has special requests or needs, the Hirer is responsible for advising West Wales Cottages at the time of booking, although West Wales Cottages cannot guarantee that any requests will be met. Failure to meet special requests will not be a breach of contract. It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that the cottage is completely suitable for their needs. Please note that if a particular feature or facility is not specified on the Website then it may not be provided. Please note that the use of travel cots, stair gates, door gates and booster seats is the responsibility of the guests, and that neither West Wales Cottages or the property owners will be liable for incorrect use or assembly.
14. Cancellation by guests more than 8 weeks before the holiday: A deposit is not refundable, but can subsequently be used as a deposit for a future holiday with West Wales Cottages and booked within 6 months from the date of cancellation.
Cancellation by guests within 8 weeks of a holiday:
If cancellation occurs for any reason within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, the Hirer should advise West Wales Cottages immediately by telephone or e-mail followed by a confirmatory letter. Upon receipt of such letter (but without any obligation to the Hirer) West Wales Cottages will attempt to obtain a replacement letting, and if such a letting is obtained, then the owner will refund to the Hirer any monies paid less the deposit. If West Wales Cottages are unable to re-let, then the owners of the cottage shall be entitled to retain any balance payments already made. Cancellations made within 7 days of the start of the holiday are not subject to any refund. We advise Hirers to arrange cancellation and holiday insurance with the insurer of their choice to cover any eventuality.
Non payment of balance: If there is no cancellation and if the final payment is not made for the holiday by the due date, then the holiday is cancelled and will be re-advertised. Hirers should take out cancellation insurance to protect them against possible loss.
Cancellation by owner. In the very unlikely event that an owner cancels a booking, or the property becomes unavailable, or in the event of a double booking where the owner has taken another booking without informing West Wales Cottages, then the owner will refund the Hirer any monies paid. West Wales Cottages is not liable for any costs associated with such a cancellation. We strongly recommend Hirers arrange cancellation / holiday insurance with the insurer of their choice to cover any eventuality.
15: External factors and unexpected problems: West Wales Cottages and the cottage owners have no control over, and cannot be held liable for factors that could possibly affect a Holiday such as severe and unexpected weather, local traffic, agriculture, local events, neighbours, children playing, availability and speed of broadband, electricity, the smell from the fish processing factory on Rock Street, gas and water supply, boiler/central heating/hot water breakdowns and the vagaries of television and mobile phone reception, or any financial losses incurred as a result of external and unexpected factors.
16. Breach of contract: If there is a material breach of any of these conditions by the Hirer or any of their party, the Owners or agents reserve the right to re-enter the cottage, and / or end the letting and require the Hirer and their party to leave immediately without refund.
17.Complaints: Every effort has been made to ensure that Hirers have an enjoyable holiday. If however, the Hirer has any cause for complaint, then they must contact the cottage owner or agent on the day of arrival, or immediately if any problem arises during the stay so that it can be speedily resolved. The cottage owners cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence about the complaint unless this procedure has been followed. If guests choose to terminate their holiday early for any reason and do not give the owners the opportunity to resolve any problems , then the owners are entitled to retain the full rental payment already made.
18a. Hot tub hire In the event that guests hire a hot tub for their stay, then an additional charge will be made by owners to cover the increased use of electricity and water. This will be negotiated with the respective owners or agents.
18b. Electric car charging - This can only be permitted where a dedicated EV charging point has been fitted in which case owners will negotiate an appropriate fee for its use with the hirer. Cars cannot be charged using an extension cord from the property as this will cancel the property insurance and will be in breach of these terms and conditions (see par:16 Breach of contract).
18c. Fire Safety - Guests should not bring any electrical equipment into the property other than phone chargers and laptops except by arrangement. The use of deep fat fryers, candles, night lights, lanterns and ethanol burners is not permitted under any circumstances. This is to comply with the new fire risk assessment orders, 2023. Hair straighteners and similar must not be placed on beds or carpets as they will singe bedding and melt duvet covers
19. Major appliances. Should a major appliance break
down or stop working, then owners will make every effort to get it repaired or
replaced during the guest's stay. This may take a few days and the owner's /
agents will not be liable for any inconvenience caused. We must note that
Ceredigion is not well serviced by the relevant appliance engineers and / or
20. Cleaning and maintenance of the cottage - West Wales Cottages act as booking agents for owners and have no responsibility for the cleaning and maintenance of each cottage. This is entirely the responsibility of the owners and all questions regarding cleaning and maintenance should be addressed to the owners.
21. Wildlife - Many properties are in beautiful rural areas. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, mouse, vole, bird, fly, bee, bats, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into a property unbeknownst to the owner. This is especially likely in older stone properties built before the time of building control. Owners reserve the right to take no action if they do not consider the existence of the wild life to be a serious threat to health.
22. Liability: West Wales Cottages act as agent for the cottage owners and cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects within, outside, with the contents, or other facilities ancillary to the cottage. Further West Wales Cottages cannot accept any liability for any act, or omission by the owners or anyone acting on their behalf. As we act as agents on behalf of the owners and the Hirer West Wales Cottages do not have any liability for loss or damage arising from the owners breach of contract, negligence or misrepresentation.
23. Data protection and Privacy: Information provided on Booking Forms will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose.
As noted in paragraph one, the Hirers contract is directly with the owner of the
Note: West Wales cottages relies on information submitted to us by the holiday cottage owners and we publish it in good faith. Visitors should be aware that the information may be incomplete, inaccurate or may have become out of date. Information given is for guidance only and should not be relied upon. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. All the information published is reviewed and approved by the holiday cottage owner prior to publishing. In the unlikely case that you find there has been an inaccurate description of a cottage then please contact West Wales Cottages and we will amend it.
Terms and Conditions © West Wales Cottages 2012
Information we collect
To complete your booking, you must provide us with certain information (which you may have authorised Paypal to provide if using their service), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the holiday you are booking.
Advertisers contact information is posted on our New Quay website with the full agreement of the advertisers.
Why West Wales Cottages and West Wales Caravans needs your Information and how it is used.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to complete a booking and to provide customer assistance:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your
personal information only with PayPal through whom deposit payments are
often made, and the owners of the cottage or caravan that you are booking as
you will need to contact them to complete payment, arrange arrival times and
request property information.
No customer data is stored on our websites or in the cloud.
Compliance with laws. We may collect, use retain, and share your information if we have a belief that it is reasonably necessary to: a) respond to a legal process or to government requests; b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information.
• Object. You can object to a) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact us
For purposes of EU data protection West Wales Cottages or West Wales Caravans are the data controller of your personal information, If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may write to us at:
Nant y Gido